One of my favorite parts of the wedding day is photographing all the little details! These are the special little touches that you’ve planned for months makes your event personal to you. I photograph most of the details in the first hour of coverage, often while the bridal party finishes hair and makeup. That part of the day can be hectic, so it’s important to have all the details in one place so that I can photograph them quickly and efficiently. Here’s an easy checklist to ensure nothing is forgotten!
- The Dress. Be sure it’s steamed and ready to go.
- Bridesmaids Dresses
- Shoes, Jewelry, and Veil. I often use the veil to add depth and interest to detail images.
- ALL THREE RINGS! It’s super common for the groom to have the wedding bands the morning of the wedding, but please plan for all three rings to be in the bridal suite when I arrive! There will be plenty of time to ensure the rings get back to the groom/best man before the ceremony.
- Invitation Suite.
- Bride/Groom Gifts. If you are exchanging gifts or letters, we’ll want to photograph it!
- Heirlooms & Special Keepsakes. If it’s old and meaningful, make sure we know about it!
- Favorite drinks. If the groom loves Jameson, stick a bottle in his getting ready room to help kick off the celebration!
- Watch, Cufflinks, Tie. These are classic groom details perfect for the wedding album.
To stay organized and ensure nothing is forgotten, print this list and create two boxes: one for the bride and one for the groom. This will help us know exactly what’s most important to you for photographs, without us having to pester you with questions the morning of!